Thanks for everyone who attended the vendor meeting – a virtual first! It was good seeing some familiar faces, and hearing human voices during the Q&A. The session was recorded, but it’s long and the video file large – having some technical difficulties in getting it reposted.
But here’s the recap:
- Our season will start on-time, and maintain reduced capacities for at least the first half of the season. We will change as the world changes around us.
- Most of our festivals have been pushed into the second half of the year; a full calendar is online at chattanoogamarket.com and collegedalemarket.com
- River Market will be Fridays and Saturdays for the first six weeks. There is a large marketing push city-wide to drive traffic downtown / towards the aquarium, so this alignment is strategic.
- We will decide on keeping/dropping Fridays at River mid/late April.
Food trucks and other elements will be returning to Chattanooga Market this year; live music will be delayed, in response to a request from the City.
- you can now be notified by email when new events are posted to the registration portal; click the button and signup from within the market registration areas
- when registering for an event, be sure to select your correct vendor category (Market Vendor or Food Truck). This is important - food truck capacity is limited in some locations, and if a normal market vendor registers as a food truck – then you might not have anything to eat that day.
- registration for River Market, Collegedale and Chattanooga Opening Weekend is now posted. Space is limited; it will run out.
- We have reserved space for Fresh Produce farmers, who will not know if they will be ready often until the week of the event. If you have fresh produce, just contact us - we will make it happen.
There are several special events and potential items in the pipeline, so be sure to watch the forum as they are finalized/announced. I think it’s going to be a fantastic year, and that people are anxious to get back outdoors to our markets. It’s comforting to know that people love spending time with us, and that we are towards the top of their social activities for 2021.