Collegedale Sunday Markets Report YTD

The Collegedale Sunday Market has gotten off to a wonderful start, and we are really pleased with the early success. Weather has nicked us a time or two, but overall the customers (and vendors) are learning that the protective Founders Hall is pretty comfortable during a rain shower, and that the fans do a good job of keeping the summer heat moderated.

One of our best market discovery opportunities this season was during the Freedom Market/July 3. Food truck sales were strong, and while arts/farms did not sell well in that event - thousands of people saw the market (and the Founders Hall) for the very first time. The participation and effort was appreciated, and I believe went a long ways towards growing that location.

We have some more news being developed on the future of the Collegedale Market, and I remain excited and optimistic for its future. Year One has far exceed my expectations already, but we’re maintaining conservative projections for now.

Enrollment for the Collegedale Christmas Market, and 2020 Winter Market is on-deck – announcements will be made soon. Vendors who have significantly supported the Collegedale Market this season will be provided priority access to both of these opportunities.